I love poached eggs! They are easy and super healthy and can be eaten with just about anything. This is great dish if you are watching your carb intake and need a quick healthy breakfast.
Arugula Salad with Poached Egg
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 tomato cut or you can use cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet white onion
- 3 pieces of uncooked bacon cut into pieces
- Parmesan cheese shavings (to taste)
- 2 Eggs (poached)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
In a large pan, sauté bacon pieces until crispy and add thinly sliced onion. Cook until translucent and remove and drain on a paper towel. Assemble arugula, tomatoes, and cheese in 2 bowls evenly. Add the onions and bacon to the top and add the poached egg. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the top.