Who says you can’t have breakfast for dinner? I started back at the gym this week and I find it very difficult to get the amount of protein needed and keep my carbs down low. This healthy dinner provides lots of protein from eggs and 6 different types of vegetables. You can use any veggies you like or even throw in meat. I just used all my fresh vegetables I picked up at the farmers market. YUMMY!
Vegetable Frittata and Arugula Salad
- I cup of chopped mushrooms (any kind is fine)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup of chopped asparagus
- 1 cup of sweet onions
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons of half and half
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350
Stir together the butter or olive oil in a cast iron pan with onions. Cook until translucent and then add the mushrooms. When the mushrooms cook down, add the spinach and asparagus and sauté for about 1 minute. Whip the eggs in a bowl and add the salt and pepper and cheese. Add to the pan and stir for about 1-2 minutes. When you see the eggs start to form, put in the oven for 17 – 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 – 2 minutes.
- 1-2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 cup of chopped baby tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Toss together the arugula and tomatoes add vinegar and olive oil.