My daughter loves Hawaiian pasta salad. The creaminess of the mayo and milk and tartness of the white wine vinegar give the pasta a great flavor.
I don’t always cook everything from scratch every night, I don’t have the time. So, i get help from some frozen foods or cooked items from the grocery store and add in a homemade dish.
I still have some fresh corn, chives and tomatoes i picked up from the farmers market on Sunday. I decided to use those in my pasta salad tonight to pair with the Trader Joe’s Halibut. You can really use any veggies you wish. Traditional Hawaiian pasta salad just has carrots and onion.
I like to pair these together, you don’t need any tarter sauce for the fish.
Creamy Pasta Salad
- 1 box of pasta (I like to use elbows or macaroni)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup of fresh corn (cooked and taken off the husk)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives
- 1/2 cup of white onion (optional)
- 1 cup of Mayo (you can use less if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons of half and half or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon (or 2 depending on taste) of white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Mix the mayo, cream, vinegar, salt and pepper together.
Add all veggies
Stir together well