There are many versions of this recipe that people make. I like this recipe because its easy and it makes a lot. It’s also a very “loose” recipe so if you want it more peanutty you can add more peanut butter or if you want it more spicy you can add more curry paste. I don’t measure when I cook, so I’ve tried to give you ratio’s but you can always add more or less depending on your taste.
Nathalie's Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/4 can Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind juice or fresh lemon (more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or palm sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) fish sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the curry paste with a teaspoon of peanut oil and stir until hot, add coconut milk, broth and bring to a boil.
- Add peanut butter, sugar, fish sauce and lemon. Bring to a boil for 5 minute stirring the entire time so it doesn’t burn.
- If you want your peanut sauce more dense, add more peanut butter.
- If you want a looser sauce, add a bit more chicken broth
- Taste and make sure there is enough salt and sour taste.
- Add more sugar if its too spicy.