Christmas Eve dinner with our Aunt Patty has been an event we look forward to each year. She is an incredible chef and hostess. This year I was able to help her in the kitchen to learn her recipes that she has been making for many years. I was surprised on how simple each dish was to make! The biggest key to a successful dinner party is timing, patience and organization.
There are many dishes in her holiday meal and I will post each separately but categorize them under the menu “Holiday Meal” so that you can find them with ease.
- Prime rib (any size you want this one was a 9 pound)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Remove prime rib from refrigerator 2 hours before cooking
- Salt and pepper generously the entire prime rib
- In a large skillet brown the sides of prime rib over high heat (this will render down the fat)
- Cook until the meat thermometer says 130 degrees (for medium rare) or more if you want. (approximately 2-3 hours)
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes
- Slice into pieces