Christmas Eve dinner with our Aunt Patty has been an event we look forward to each year. She is an incredible chef and hostess. This year I was able to help her in the kitchen to learn her recipes that she has been making for many years. I was surprised on how simple each dish was to make! The biggest key to a successful dinner party is timing, patience and organization.
There are many dishes in her holiday meal and I will post each separately but categorize them under the menu “Holiday Meal” so that you can find them with ease.
Creamy Brussel Sprouts
- 1-2 pounds of Brussel sprouts
- 2 cups heavy cream (more if your pan is large)
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- In a large skillet, add the Brussel sprouts
- Add cream to pan and coat all Brussel sprouts until covered
- Cook on low heat for one hour or until fork soft
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the top
- Serve hot!