I’ve been making this recipe for 22 years. Its always a hit at any party! I typically make this for the holidays. The trick to serving these is when you remove them from the oven and plate them, walk around the party and serve them. They taste best right out of the oven.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Three Cheeses
- 2 packages of white or brown button mushrooms
- 1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 packaged of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of half and half
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- Clean mushrooms carefully and remove the stem from the middle
- Set them in a casserole pan
- in a medium bow, mix mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of half and half, if it needs a little more so you can mix gradually add another tablespoon.
- Add the chopped chives
- Stuff filling in each mushrooms, make sure you heap and pack in the filling.
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Dip each mushroom bottom in the butter and place back into pan
- Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with any remaining butter
- Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes until gold brown and soft
- Serve immediately!