Whenever I’m asked to bring a salad to a party or potluck, my go to salad is Chinese chicken salad. This recipe is so delicious your friends will be asking you to bring it to their next party. I had an idea in my sleep the other night to make them in a wonton cup, so I experimented today and here’s the results. If you don’t want to do it this way, you can fry wonton skins and place them on the top of the salad thats in a bowl.
Chinese Chicken Salad Cups
You can add or take out any additional vegetables of your choice. You don’t have to be exact on any amounts, it should be to your liking.
- 1 package of organic chicken tenders (boiled and chopped). You can also use a cooked rotisserie chicken instead.
- 1 bottle of Feast from the East Sesame Dressing (this is the BEST dressing)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 head of napa cabbage (chopped
- 1 large handful of carrots (shredded)
- 2-3 stalks of green onions (finely diced)
- 1 large handful of fresh bean sprouts
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 handful of snow peas or snap peas (sliced or julienned)
- 1 handful of cilantro (chopped)
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers (you can use as cups or slice and fry for topping)
- 1 tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil
- In a large muffin pan (Texas style muffins) use the oil and grease the muffin tins.
- Put the egg roll wrappers in the tins and bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until brown.
- In a large bowl mix together all salad ingredient
- Toss with dressing (right before serving)
- Place in cups to serve