My husbands favorite pie is pecan pie. I didn’t want to make a full pecan pie but a smaller bite size version for our dinner party last night. I came up with my own recipe and I think it turned out pretty good!
Bourbon Pecan Tarts
Filling Ingredients –
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of bourbon
- 1 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat eggs with fork in a bowl, stir in corn syrup, sugars, bourbon, butter and vanilla
- Set aside to prepare shells
- You will need a jumbo cup sized muffin pan or tart pan
- Roll out any type of pie dough (I use https://www.pennyspies.com recipe)
- Cut out 5 inch circle
- Place in muffin pan with the sides halfway up the each cup. You should be able to make six.
- Evenly spoon pecans into the muffin tins for all six
- Pour the liquid mixture evenly to the top of each muffin cup
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven)
- Insert cake tester in the center and it comes out clean they are cooked.
- Let cool and remove from the pan
- Serve with vanilla ice cream